The ideal candidate is an outstanding writer with experience creating content for enterprise software targeted to professional and technical audiences.
- Works closely with editorial, development, customer support, product management, and services to develop high-quality technical content.
- Drafts, maintains, and edits content for release notes and release publications.
- Reviews UI text for consistent tone and style.
- Balances multiple projects, including projects beyond normal scope, and works as an integral part of the product team.
- Prepares content for online delivery.
- Learns and tests product functionality while writing documentation.
- Learns and applies Workday writing style using a minimalist approach.
- Provides regular updates to manager on project status.
- Mentors new writers with less experience in aspects of the job.
- Influences product team by educating on our processes and standard methodologies.
- Attends Agile and team meetings.
- Contributes to shared projects across the larger team.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of technical writing experience or equivalent.
- Experience implementing or working with enterprise software preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of DITA and XML authoring tools.
- Proactive and able to work independently on multiple projects.