Job Summary (Senior Systems Technology Analyst – Network Control)
We, in Ericsson, have been finding ways to communicate for over a century. We are committed to enabling new means of communication through our innovation and creativity. We are passionate about our responsibility to innovate not just for gain but Technology for Good; from mobile communications to education for all.
The software we build in Product Development Unit OSS makes it possible for billions of people to connect with each other, surf the web, engage with social media on their smart devices every day. Exciting opportunities exist for Systems & Technology Analysts within our R&D department to craft the future of the evolving Networked Society.
- Do you enjoy establishing requirements & specifying high-level system architecture and solutions to drive product implementation? Then, Solutions, Technology & Architecture (ST&A) Unit in Ericsson Athlone is the place for you. This requirement is for the Network Control sub-unit in ST&A.
- You will deliver technical solutions with Product Managers, Product Owners, various stakeholders and collaborate with our customers to understand and capture their requirements.
- You would lead challenging technical discussions and workshops to carve out cutting edge technical solutions, using the latest technology stack to realize the use cases for OSS applications.
- You would be a part of rapid experimentation of solutions(PoC’s), using latest Cloud technologies.
- A capability to perform best in an individual/team setting, working in a multi-cultural & international environment brings the best out in you.
- An ability to understand technical requirements at slogan level from stakeholders, customers, product managers etc., further progressing with breaking down the problem into various parts, researching & proposing possible solutions, providing costs and justification.
- An ability to drive technical discussions, analyse & explain technical requirements and problems, steer new product development. Systems approach and solution mindset is key to this role.
- Experience in Network Management systems, especially OSS (Operations Support Systems) with an understanding of constituent applications and use cases. Familiarity with system architecture and system design principles.
- Familiar with Network Operations, Network Management, OAM, Radio & Transport technologies, and Mobile Core Networks
- Familiarity with Opensource initiatives (e.g. ONAP, OSM, ORAN and Standards (e.g. TMF, ETSI MANO, 3GPP)
- Experience in cloud-based applications development, (using e.g; OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure) container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker).
- Knowledge of distributed systems and emerging technologies would be an added advantage.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in software/electronic engineering or related science and technology discipline
- 5+ years of relevant Software Development experience
- Proficiency in one or more languages; including Java & C++, experience in UML is an advantage
What do we offer
- We support all forms of workplace environments, from using the office as a full or part time workspace to full-time remote working (within Ireland).
- A healthy work-life balance (flexible hours, maternity/paternity and parental leave)
- 27 days annual leave, family-friendly work environment!
- Multifaceted sports and social club which hosts many sporting (e.g. golf, football, swimming, tennis) and social (e.g. gaming, theatre, movie, nights out) activities
- Expand your horizons in a rich multicultural environment
- Clearly defined career paths, improved with inhouse training and financial support for external study
- Opportunities to travel around the world and work directly with our customers
- Pension scheme, health insurance, company doctor, life cover and sick pay/income continuance plan
- Tax saver commuter/bike to work scheme
- You can also learn more about why our software campus in Athlone is a great place to work: Video Link