About the role
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Software Engineer in Test position to work in a dynamic project that provides microbiology diagnostic informatics through a web application that offers integrated workflow and data in hospital laboratories. The role will demand automation skills, test leadership skills and a passion for manual testing.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with project teams (local and remote) to understand requirements, design and implementation level details of the product under test.
- Learn the automation framework and add test scripts
- Work with Test Manager/Architect to train, support and onboard manual testers into automation
- Guide, lead other testers in the team aligning with the R&D Quality Management System
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of software quality concepts within the software development lifecycle
- Contribute to technical decision making
- Create, implement and review test cases and other test documents as per Design and Change controls
- Conduct complex black box, system-level, functional testing, verify end-to-end customer flows
- Capture Issue/Bugs in line with Business Unit policy/Standard and track to closure
- Support software and systems engineering teams with troubleshooting, characterization and validation activities for prototypes, sub-systems, and finished products.
- Engage in continuous improvement of test process, practice enhancement and optimize test processes.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, plus a minimum of 6 years of software testing experience
- 3+ years of experience in any test automation tools, preferably Selenium or in any other tools like TestComplete, UFT etc.
- An understanding of OOP concepts or any programming languages
- Experience testing web applications or product testing
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies in software development
- Proven ability to learn, introduce and improve new and existing test practice and process
- Strong focus on customer experience and product quality
- Effectiveness of understanding and communicating technical information and ability to translate information between technical and business languages
- Experience with complete software product development life cycle from concept to final release is expected
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to clearly and precisely communicate with management and remote team members
In addition to the above skills, the following skillset would be advantageous but not essential:
- Experience in Selenium automation with C#, Java or Python
- Familiarity with FDA regulations for medical instruments, ISO 13485, IEC 62304 standards and Quality Management systems
- Experience working in the regulated medical industry
- ISTQB or equivalent certificate in Software Testing or Software Automation Testing.