Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our vision for information technology at BD
In our BD IT team, we deliver effective and innovative technologies that help us to keep our entire business running day to day. Our aim is to provide the tools, systems, insights and protection for BD associates to efficiently do their work.
About the role
The role of the Plant IT Lead, is to serve as the TGS representative responsible for partnering with local Plant Managers and their site leadership teams to drive and craft demand for new requests and to ensure manufacturing and quality operations at a site level, are enabled through the continued availability of TGS supported technologies for the Manufacturing, Plant Maintenance, Quality control and Quality engineering functions.
The role is also accountable for ensuring that the full portfolio of manufacturing-specific TGS work for the plants, is delivered as planned and budgeted and includes ensuring corresponding projects, plans, status reports, compliance and regulatory measures, resources, etc. are in place for the manufacturing and related DC locations.
This individual will serve as a point of escalation for the Plant Managers, their direct leadership team, and the plant SMEs.
This individual will be required to collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that the Manufacturing function is proactively supported and is provided with strategic thought leadership when it comes to improving and growing the use case of technology at a site level, including Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory (digital) opportunities.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Developing a deep knowledge of the local Manufacturing environment, including the key driver goals, short and long-term roadmaps, business processes and key personnel.
- Establish and earn a value-adding, strategic partner relationship with the Plant management team, the regional Plant IT and the entire TGS function.
- Partner with the leadership to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and resolve how they fit into roadmaps and priorities.
- Partner with site management to measure benefits of TGS investments at the site, measure and communicate value realized on a periodic basis through defined and agreed metrics and supporting analysis, own SLAs and report out to site management.
- Integrated Partnership with site leadership, TGS corporate, Info Sec and TGS handled vendors. Single focal point for site leadership.
- Lead, guide and use the local IT team to support the plant operations and outsourced support staff.
- Ensure delivery provides the desired outcomes as well as work with other TGS Business Partners and Core Areas of Delivery to ensure that solutions are not siloed and that they are advised by and aligned to BD’s enterprise roadmaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, business or a related field
- 5+ years of business working experience in a technology function
- Accomplished in multiple process and technology capabilities across Manufacturing ideally in the Med device sector
- Proven ability to run and lead service providers, remotely
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Ability to communicate sophisticated business / technical challenges in a simplified manner
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and project management approaches, tools, and phases
- Outstanding ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Highly collaborative work style which includes working successfully across all organizational levels
- Proficient level of English is a must to fill this role.