NortonLifeLock is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety.
Bringing together decades of experience in cybersecurity and identity theft
protection, we are the consumer ally in today’s connected world.
NortonLifeLock solutions are powered by one of the world’s largest civilian cyber intelligence networks allowing us to help protect against advanced online threats. Nearly 80million members and customers in more than 150 countries trust us with their personal information. We’re dedicated to making it easy for them to keep their connected lives safer while helping to secure their devices, online privacy, identity, and home and family needs. Learn more at NortonLifeLock.com.
We offer very competitive salaries, RSU's for Senior level and up, plus bonus, pension of 8%, family health insurance, life insurance, income protection & tuition reimbursement.
We are hiring a Lead Software Engineer with approx. 10+ years experience.
We're looking for candidates who would contribute significantly to the above solutions, while having fun working with a team of talented engineers. The candidate should be a hands-on technical leader with strong development skills and experienced in architecting and building enterprise grade systems. Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter, who works well independently, as well as in a team environment.
The software is on the Android and iOS platforms, so familiarity with Java/Kotlin/Swift is a must on any platform. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development with success in roles with substantial responsibility and accountability.
You will be part of the multi-disciplinary team working in an Agile way, sharing best practices and knowledge between the US, Dublin, Germany, and Bucharest teams, reporting directly to the Director of Mobile engineering located in Dublin.
We are looking for experienced hands-on developers/leaders who
· Possess excellent technical judgement and can think problems all the way through
· Ability to bring others with them through articulating their vision and justifying the design decisions that led to it
· See having their solutions challenged as an opportunity to collectively define a better solution
· Ability to take a vague set of requirements and turn them into a realistic set of building blocks that lead to a solution
· Enjoy identifying constraints and designing great solutions within the constraint space
· Are comfortable asking for help, taking advice, and accepting criticism
· Can articulate the reasoning behind decisions or trade-offs
· Understand the value of their own time
· Can solve issues seen in the field from very limited data
Critical hiring criteria
· Candidate who seeks the kinds of challenges that scare most people
· Creativity, initiative, and acute attention to detail
· Thirst for innovation and solving problems at lightning speed
· Passion for automating everything repetitive
· Obsession with software scalability and performance under high load
· Own arch/design at system level