Zalando is in the process of transforming from a traditional e-retailer to an ecommerce platform, the Partner Program. To enable this transformation, we have created the Zalando Direct group, focused on helping our brand and retail partners to grow their businesses on the Zalando platform. This team provides the technological foundation that drives our new strategic marketplace and platform concept. We build state-of-the-art B2B & enterprise systems that connect Zalando seamlessly with our merchant suppliers - from onboarding product catalogues to creating the best online multimedia content to our millions of customers, and from aligning purchase quantities to scheduling deliveries into our warehouses for our fulfillment services.
As a Junior Data Engineer within the Zalando Direct Data team, you work on our Marketplace Data Warehouse. You are responsible for ingesting new Data Sources, often in collaboration with our stakeholders as well as building visibility for business processes directly contributing to Zalando’s Partner Program success. You will increase processing speed and optimize costs of our infrastructure. You will collaborate with diverse stakeholders both upstream and downstream to understand their needs in order to deliver the required information in the best possible way.
You will use emerging technologies and approaches to create high-performance data processing solutions that scale in terms of volume as well as use-cases. You will challenge our status quo and help us define best practices for the betterment of the data warehouse.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Gathering, transforming and providing high quality data on time to multiple stakeholders
- Designing, developing, and operating robust data integration pipelines to provide high-quality datasets for business analytics and machine learning use-cases. You and your team will own your code and agree on how you work together as a team
- Collaborating with Business Analysts, Data Scientists, Product Managers and Engineers to build and continuously improve a variety of data products that create value for our business
- Be an amazing team player, and grow your skills with the support of senior engineers in the team.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
- Family- and life-friendly working conditions including flexible working hours (*available for selected departments/positions)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Previous experience in designing, implementing, and deploying data-driven software in a production environment
- Knowledge about distributed computation frameworks such as Apache Spark or similar
- Experience working with stream processing platforms such as Apache Kafka or Spark Streaming is a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases and going data analysis with SQL
- Knowledge of workflow management tools such as Airflow or AWS Data Pipelines
- Good programming skills in Python
- Knowledge in technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Apache Flink, AWS Redshift and Databricks is a plus
- Pragmatic and curious, find the right tool for the right job. We solve business problems in the best possible way, but completion is better than perfection