Key elements of the role
• Leads learning creation projects end-to-end with minimal supervision using ADDIE and agile design methodologies.
• Uses knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design processes to design and develop digital and instructor-led training assets for Glanbia Business Services.
• Scopes, designs, and writes learning objectives, scripts, storyboards, assessments.
• Reviews, edits, and enhances highly technical content provided by SMEs and translates data information into effective learning content.
• Quality checks and tests learning deliverables to ensure compliance to style, quality, brand, and usability guidelines and ensure content accuracy and effective user experience.
• Assists in negotiating learning objectives, strategies, plans, and deliverables with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
• Uses an efficient, effective and methodical approach to instructional planning, script writing and storyboard development.
• Actively engages in continuous improvement efforts: conducts surveys/focus groups, conducts project debriefs, documents processes and best practices, and generates ideas for innovative solutions and approaches for future projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field Instructional Design, Learning and Development or equivalent education / experience.
• 5+ years of instructional design experience and working with content developers and SMEs.
• Experience with transforming technical content into an engaging and interactive learning experience via multiple modalities including instructor-led training (classroom and virtual), eLearning, videos, and job aids.
• Has a natural curiosity and experience working on highly technical topics such as data analytics, financial/sales systems, production planning & execution, emerging software and technology.
• Ability to think critically and probe into highly technical topics and translate into more simple, relatable & compelling training content.
• Experience with agile and iterative processes to design for large-scale, complex programs with differing learning paths and components by learner role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong presentation and organizational skills.
• Ability to implement feedback received from manager and stakeholders and apply learnings to future projects.
• Experience providing direction, coaching, and feedback to others.
• Ability to successfully apply project management processes to independently lead and manage multiple projects, stakeholders, developers, and overlapping deadlines and adapt to project challenges as they arise.
• Ability to leverage project management tools with accuracy and consistency to plan out projects and timelines, delegate project tasks, and track project progress.
• Strong attention to detail for editing, quality-checking, UX-testing in order to deliver high-quality results.
• Strong eye for visual design or experience working in a graphic design field in order to validate solution learner experience for learner usability and visual attractiveness.
• Experience working with SAP Enable Now, Atriculate, SAP ERP.
• Recent experience applying authoring and video development tools to create and/or edit digital learning assets.
• Experience leading in-person or virtual technical training content development in a corporate/global setting.
Essential Software Experience
• SAP Enable Now
• Microsoft 365
• Articulate 360
Preferred Software Experience
• Learning Management Systems (i.e. SAP Success Factors)
• Adobe Creative Cloud