This role will be based in the Skytek office working on our core products and major customer solutions. Skytek is looking for a web developer responsible for the development of both server-side logic and front-end elements using the latest web technologies.
Production experience with Docker and AWS environments is also an advantage.
The role will also involve liaising with customer representatives for product demonstrations and ongoing requirements capture and product definition so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Work in Skytek office to developing new Geospatial web applications
- Develop and support current Geospatial web applications for key Skytek clients.
- Work directly with the customer on future requirements.
- Based on requirements implement, build and maintain web applications.
- Collaborate with current development team
Skills and Qualifications
- BSc in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 5 years’ experience in web application product development using Django framework (key skill)
- Experience developing with Python
- Experience with relational databases, specifically PostgreSQL
- Experience using JSON, XML, AJAX and jQuery
- Knowledge and preferred experience with Leaflet, CesiumJS, GIS frameworks
- Knowledge of Docker, AWS
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers
- Travel to customer locations for meetings/presentations
- Viewable examples of previous work
- Experience with Agile toolsets, i.e. JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of big data concept and open source frameworks
- Use of automated build process tools, version control systems, REST APIs