Role and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a small development team and directly with the Product Owner and Product Manager to ensure that development is in line with the requirements.
- Implement high quality code in an Agile environment with a focus on quality and scalability.
- Work in a way that promotes development standards, review, and documentation of procedures is followed.
- Ensuring that applications work efficiently and effectively from an end-user perspective and in line with best practices.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the system architecture.
- Collaborate with the development team and business to define, design and deliver creative and innovative solutions.
- Training and developing junior members of the team.
- 4+ years’ relevant Python development experience building web applications and performing data engineering/analysis in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge and experience of the Django web framework, specifically the Django REST Framework.
- experience of AngularJS or another frontend MVC framework.
- Experience of managing and maintaining SQL databases.
- Experience of developing micro-services using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in Linux environments.
- Experience of code versioning through Git.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work on multiple assignments.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline