Job Description Summary
BD is in search of a talented R&D Design Engineer looking to take their passion and experience with wearable infusion pumps, large volume injection devices, or the like to the next level.
As a R&D Design Engineer with BD’s Pharmaceutical Systems team in Dublin, Ireland, you will have the opportunity to take a hands-on technical role on a cross functional project team developing the design, development, verification and validation of combination products in support of BD’s global R&D pipeline with special focus on the parenteral delivery of biologics and biosimilars. At its core, this role will give you the opportunity to develop user-centric drug delivery solutions designed to drive patient empowerment, independence, compliance, and improved health outcomes.
What you get to do every day:
- Develop & Deliver on new and exciting advanced drug delivery solutions as a Design Development Engineer on a cross-functional project team through all phases of the project lifecycle, from concept through launch.
- Design, develop and verify complex products throughout the development life cycle.
- Translate business requirements into a robust, scalable technical design.
- Understand interactions between subassemblies in complex electromechanical systems, and design for high volume manufacturing for electro-mechanical medical devices.
- Pursue complex problems by applying sound engineering principles, utilizing experimental, computational and analytical methods to a range of technical product development challenges.
- Work closely with other R&D team functions, and external program functions to identify and mitigate technical issues to reduce programmatic risks.
- Lead structured problem solving and root cause investigations.
- Use predictive design and tolerance analysis techniques for calculation of design specifications.
- Develop and test prototypes.
- Design test equipment and create validated test procedures for product testing to demonstrate compliance with internal and external requirements such as ISO standards.
- Work within multi-function teams comprising of QA, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, and Manufacturing team members by facilitating effective communication and engagement.
- Lead activities such as bench studies, tolerance stack up analysis, FMEAs, design verification, validation, vendor interactions, materials specifications and component specifications.
- Apply and assert DFSS best practices on all projects
- Be an agile learner, tolerant of risk, and biased towards action
- Effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals, teams and customers
- Ensure compliance with BD quality policies, procedures and practices as well as with all local, state, federal and BD safety laws, policies and procedures.