About the team:
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our growing Data Science team at Web Summit
You will work closely with end-users to help them get insights from data sets that will empower how they work and automate their processes for delivering world class conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, Collision in Toronto and Web Summit Rio.
What you'll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll drive rigorous statistical analyses, working with teams across the company to bring the best companies, investors, and speakers together
- You’ll work on recommendation systems that help attendees make the most of the world’s largest tech events
Skills & Abilities we’re looking for:
- You're naturally curious and look forward to experimenting with new ideas
- You’ve worked on customer segmentation, predictive models, recommendations, or similar business-focused projects
- You relish autonomy and would love the opportunity to lead and work on your own projects independently
- A MSc or PhD in a numerical/statistical field, or a BSc and relevant experience in a data science role
- Strong competency in python and the python numerical stack
- Experience with SQL, ideally PostgreSQL
- Experience working with cloud-compute platforms, ideally AWS
- Knowledge of modern engineering practices - Docker, Kubernetes, etc
Benefits and perks:
- Hybrid working model benefit open to all employees.
- Fully subsidised healthcare, dental, employee assistance programme(EAP) and more.
- A dedicated in house L&D department, with access to workshops, online learning and resources to help you excel in your career development.
- Company laptop, generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Our very own “Tramway team” who drive community and morale boosting events for employees to participate in.
- Annual company get togethers, company charity days and monthly wellbeing talks.