Amach is an industry-leading software company with headquarters located in Dublin and remote teams in UK and Europe. Our team members are typically located within 2-hour time zone for better collaboration.
We specialize in Digital Transformation including agile software development, DevOps, automation, databases, and cloud consulting. Amach are an AWS registered partner.
We're looking for an experienced Consultant Software Architect to work with us here at Amach. The role is pivotal to the Engineering Leadership Team. Reporting to the Head of Software Engineering, you are a seasoned leader, with vision, leading a team of 20-30, including the management of client’s PSS system. Your team is key critical to multiple business initiatives and prides itself on prioritizing value-based activities.
As a talented and motivated individual, you will guide your teams to build innovatively, and continuously improve the company’s ways of working.
To be successful in this you will be required to:
- Work with the Development Leads and SME’s to manage delivery of business projects using internal and/or third-party services
- Foster a culture and environment where team members develop their skills and capabilities to take responsibility for adapting to new challenges
- Work with the teams to focus on continuous and sustained improvement of all aspects of development along with appropriate metrics to measure this (Dev methodology, Test strategy, release and deployment of features)
- Collaborate with the team to create achievable goals and KPI’s and ensure that these are all understood
- Develop talent with a view to promoting, retaining and recruiting a diverse high performing team
- Effectively delegate roles and responsibilities within the support structure ensuring succession planning
- Develop and maintain relationships with key department directors and key stakeholders
- Work co-operatively with other stakeholders and business units to deliver business objectives
- Manage the team’s operational budget
- Collaborate with other technical teams to build development best practices
- Support and mentor technical teams to encourage growth
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience of managing/leading a mature technical team
- Strong knowledge of SDLC with experience improving agile practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to lead, mentor & motivate developers to ensure high quality code deliverables & practices
- Impeccable written & oral communication skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Previous experience of Microservices architecture an advantage
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Eligible to live and work in the EU
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Health care
- Educational assistance
- Flexibility & work/life balance