Founded in 1985, Codec is a multi -award winning full-stack IT company headquartered in Dublin with offices in Belfast, Galway, and London, as well as international offices in Germany, Poland, and Turkey. Employing 240 staff, Codec is growing rapidly, expanding our team of industry-leading experts and continues to deliver on the promise of empowering businesses in the public and private sectors.
Codec is a unique organisation. We are dedicated to understanding and embracing the shifts that change within technology and to make these changes work for our customers. Today, the IT shift is driven by Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Collaboration and Consolidation. At Codec we recognise the unique passion present in our people across all areas of our business. To support this passion, we encourage our employees to develop and grow within their chosen area of expertise and more importantly to focus on enjoying their work and providing support to guarantee that balance.
We are now seeking Cloud Infrastructure Engineers to join our growing Azure team.
Based within our Cloud Infrastructure team, you will work with a range of Codec customers on the implementation, governance, and ongoing improvement of Azure solutions across a variety of industry sectors. You will work in a project environment, alongside experienced Cloud Architects, where there is an emphasis on delivering first class service to our customers. As a Cloud Solutions Engineer, you will already be experienced in delivering projects on Azure and will have a grasp of emerging technologies, along with extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance and monitoring.
- Working in tandem with Cloud Solution Architects and customer resources to implement optimal Azure solutions.
- Developing scripts to automate the deployment of resources in a repeatable manner.
- Assisting customers with maintaining application and infrastructure performance, uptime, and scale.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with customer security guidelines.
- Assisting customers with cost management and selection of optimal Azure resources.
- Considering Identity, access and configuration management when implementing solutions.
- Implementing data protection options, including HA and resilience protection in Azure.
- Understanding and communicating best practices regarding cloud infrastructure deployment and maintenance.
- Assisting Cloud Solution Architects with knowledge transfer to customers on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Implementing modern Continuous Delivery processes for repeatable and consistent release management.
- Implementing monitoring and patching strategies defined by Cloud Solution Architects.
- Acting as an escalation point to the Codec Service Desk team to assist in the resolution of customer issues and support the identification and implementation of subsequent preventative improvements.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- It is essential that you have strong, in-depth, and demonstrable hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Hands-on experience of migrating workloads to Azure (Azure Migrate or other tools).
- Experience of Deployment and Management of Azure VMs (Windows Server / Linux).
- Demonstrable experience deploying enterprise workloads to Azure.
- Hands on experience using the Azure administration portal.
- Knowledge or experience with CI/CD tools (preferably Azure DevOps).
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience - scripting and automation via AZ CLI/PowerShell, Bash, Bicep, JSON templates.
- Experience with Templates (ARM Templates, Terraform).
- Experience of Microsoft Azure Networking.
- Knowledge of Cloud Monitoring tools (Azure monitor, App Insights, Log Analytics, LogicMonitor, etc).
- Good English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, and a preference for working as part of a team.
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues from experience.
- Interest in Microsoft Azure technologies and desire to constantly grow, learn and enhance skills in this area.
- Microsoft Azure certifications.
- Can structure complex technical detail into clear and concise documentation.
- Ability to contribute to technical decisions and direction in a collaborative team environment, including architecture, estimation, task definition and cut-over planning.
- Knowledge of the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF).
- Knowledge of Containerisation technologies.