Are you a Cloud / Big Data software engineer and want to take the next step in your career? We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer with up to 2 years of experience who is passionate in designing & developing highly scalable data platform services & data lake for reporting & analytics, enabling McAfee's threat defense capabilities, who will also participate in building big data pipelines using AWS and have the capability to quickly learn new technologies.
The ideal candidate shall possess a combination of software engineering, and data engineering, and will work in lockstep with Researchers, Data Scientists, Principal Engineers, and other stakeholders across the organization.
This is a remote position in Ireland. We will only consider candidates currently in Ireland and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the role:
- Participate in the design and development of ETL platform and framework to acquire and integrate data from diverse sources using SQL/ Python/ API.
- Investigate and resolve technical and non-technical issues, resolving critical incidents in a timely manner and with a thorough root cause analysis.
- Recognize and adopt best engineering practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related fields preferred.
- 0-2 Years’ Experience developing with cloud-based technologies like web services, relational databases, data warehouse, big data (i.e. Hadoop, Spark), and orchestration/data pipeline tools.
- Proficient in Data engineering techniques for Data Lake, big data, and data flow process management strategies.
- Programming experience with proficiency in at least one language such as Nodejs/Python/Java/Go/C with SQL & API is a must.
- Experience with one of the Cloud Platforms such as AWS or GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms.