Tableau Software is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world, making fast analytics and visualization products that help people see and understand data of any size or format. Customers of all sizes use our products, from Fortune 500 companies, to video game designers, to scientists in the jungles of Central America, to high school principals. Our software is for anyone with data and questions! Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world.
What you will be doing…
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) you are developing new opportunities and creating businesses with new & existing customers, opening their eyes to a data driven world with Tableau. You will help our customers see and understand their data and abandon the dark ages of Excel, paper and pencil!
At Tableau, we strive to create a workplace where everyone can bring their full, authentic self to work and not feel they have to leave a part of their identity at the door. In particular, we welcome applicants who are confident that they have what it takes to develop a successful sales career.
Fluency in English is essential.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Your goal will be to apply pipeline generation skills to identify and prospect within large sized companies. With a customer centric approach, you will qualify their business goals and identify how Tableau can help them.
- In the BDR role, you will do well if you have experience in business development and/or outbound prospecting, if you love a challenge, working in target driven environments and succeeding as part of a team. We are seeking someone who is not afraid of prospecting and speaking to customers on the phone as well as making sure you are up to date on the newest technologies and industry trends.
- Working with Account Executives and cross-functional teams, you will create and prioritise target account lists within your defined territory, identify and generate new business opportunities and, through in depth qualification, progress the pipeline through the sales funnel as well as become a Social Selling Expert.
- As a BDR you will be successful if you demonstrate a thirst for learning & applying new skills & knowledge. Tableau, Salesforce & the world of data moves quickly, you will need to be able to stay relevant to lead the data conversation with customers
- You’ll have a talent for finding new businesses and developing strong relationships, and you’ll work across many different parts of the organisation to get things done.
- However, if you don’t tick every box, don’t worry; you will have access to some of the world’s best sales training and enablement resources in Trailhead (a Salesforce product).
Who you are…
Conviction and Commitment. You have an unshakable belief that Tableau’s products will improve the world – one person at a time. Once you get it, you go all the way.
A True Team Player. You’re the best at what you do and you know how to work with your colleagues to get their best.
Energy and Enthusiasm. You believe in what we’re doing and won’t stop at anything to deliver on your goals.
Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
Go-Getter. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Results-oriented. You love the doing and the process but you are all about results
You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Advantages / benefits include:
- World-class training, development and mentorship in the areas of professional growth and product knowledge
- Clear and structured career path into Account Executive capacity and beyond
- Constant learning and knowledge sharing with some of the best complex selling professionals in the industry
- Chance to work in a dynamic, fun and challenging environment
- Health Insurance and Pension contributions
- A monthly wellbeing subsidy of €100
- Annual education budget of €5,000 to spend on your career development
- Additional 7 days paid time off for charitable causes (1-1-1 model)
- World class training bootcamp
- Maternity & paternity benefits (parental leave, childcare support, fertility and adoption program, etc)
- Opportunity to be part of the Salesforce’s employee-led and organised Equality Groups helping to drive innovation and social responsibility (We have 12 Equality Groups, including the Salesforce Women’s Network, Abilityforce and more. Learn more here.)
- Shares purchase plan